Get the SEO exposure you need now!Is your company invisible on the web? Perform this short audit to find out.
- Go to Google.com and Bing.com and enter the top 10 search terms that customers would use to search for your company or product. Do you show up on the first page of the search results? If so, give yourself one point for each search term that puts you on the first page of the search results. Maximum number of points 10.
- Go to Google.com and enter: site:www.yourcompanyname.com. Google will return the number of pages indexed by Google. Give yourself two points for every 20 pages indexed by Google. Maximum number of points 10.
- Examine your website’s page titles for search keywords. If you are using Mozilla or Internet Explorer, the title keywords are displayed at the very top of the browser next to the Mozilla or IE icon. Each page on your site should have keywords in the titles that you want Google to index. If your home page title just says: “Company name and home”, you have some work to do. Give yourself a quarter point for each page that is optimized for search. Maximum number of points 10.
- Go to Google.com and enter: link:www.yourcompanyname.com to determine how many inbound links or backlinks your site has. Only count authoritative sites. Give yourself 1 point for every 10 back links. Maximum number of points 10.
- Visit to your website and right click on a page. Select “View Source”. Search the source code for H1, H2 tags and image alt tags. Each page should have H1, H2 and Image alt tags with relevant keywords. Give yourself 1 point for each web page that has keywords in the H1, H2 and Image alt tags. Maximum number of points 10
- A = 40 to 50 points
- B = 30 to 40 points
- C = 20 to 30 points
- D = 10 to 20 points
To learn more, please read the DMZ top 20 keywords tips.