Having the right process can mean the difference between success and failure
As a marketer, you’re increasingly expected to deliver on strategy with cost-effective – yet innovative -- technologies. You’re challenged to both identify new ways to grow business and engage customers more profitably. It’s not easy. Fortunately, we love that kind of challenge. We work with you to discover the challenge-specific strategies that will transform your business. Through our agile approach, we identify your greatest challenges and architect a plan that drives higher performance and greater profitability. We kick in to what we call D5 Mode:
- Discover: The first thing we do is to dig in deep. We consider this the most important step, because what we learn here sets the foundation for everything we do. At this point, we ask a lot of questions, all intended to give us an up-close-and-personal look at your company: your unique challenges, objectives, competitive landscape, sales goals, target audiences, core messages, obstacles and opportunities.
- Define: Based on the information we learn in the Discover Phase, next we define exactly what needs to be done and how we’re going to do it. We start with a development strategy that includes targets, navigation, messaging and information architecture, as well as specific web elements to be used such as lead capture forms, e-commerce shopping carts, jQuery UI elements, etc.
- Design: With the site plan approved, we begin to turn your information architecture into a creative, effective design. First we design a wireframe, or grid structure, that outlines how the elements will lay out and how a user will work through your site. With that approved, we get creative: develop the concept, design execution, type specs and photographic treatment that will build your brand and its online presence.
- Develop: Now it’s time to attack the bulk of the programming and build your development framework. We finalize content and begin to load the words and pictures. As easy as that may sound, we’re careful to keep your code and content well organized to ensure a hassle-free site later. We develop and test special features and interactivity, as well as verify links and functionality. Finally we conduct a full website review, transfer it to a live server and run your website through our own QA process of final diagnostic checks.
- Deploy: With everything in check, we launch publicly, which usually calls for some kind of celebration, even if it’s bagels in the break room. At that point, DMZ is always close at hand to address any thoughts you have about your live site. At this point, we also begin tracking the key analytic metrics you’ll use to determine your next strategic initiative. With our detailed analytics, moving forward you can quickly turn data into insights that will advance your new customer-centric strategy.