About DMZ Interactive
Do you want to be part of one of Boston’s most promising start-ups? At DMZ Interactive we specialize in building websites that make money and build brands. Our clients range from technology startups to New England’s largest supplier of surgical gear. Every website we create uses an enterprise class content management system that’s optimized for online marketing and sales. Under the hood, our websites are fully integrated with CRM systems and utilize ecommerce, inbound marketing, lead generation, and marketing automation to drive revenue and ROI.
We are looking for a talented Drupal and PHP developer to join our team. As an experienced member of the DMZ team, the Drupal and PHP Developer adds technical expertise, industry knowledge, and informed opinion to team discussions. Developer will plan and coordinate the design and implementation of web software to meet existing and anticipated user requirements for clients of DMZ Interactive.
- Strong work ethic
- Always curious about new technologies
- Belief in pervasive computing and mobile technology
- Self-learner (can master new technologies quickly)
- Computer Science degree or equivalent real world experience
- At least three years experience using PHP and Drupal
- Strong design sense when it comes to theming in Drupal
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Solid working knowledge of Drupal API and popular modules
- Drupal module development experience
- Strong UNIX command line skills
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Subversion or git
- Communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team
- Self-driven and self-organized
- Strong quality assurance skills – able to review work and thoroughly test code
- Knowledge of responsive design principles
Essential functions of the job:
- Design, build and code Drupal websites
- Customize Drupal themes
- Translate Photoshop design files into websites and applications that work across major browsers and platforms
- Develop functional specifications and technical documentation
- Integrate and customize third party web applications such as Salesforce, Loopfuse, and PayPal or Authorize.Net.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats with internal and external teams
- Assess project risk and scope
- Work collaboratively with team members in a hands-on capacity in order to ensure that solid code is delivered within reasonable timelines
- Perform code reviews of work produced by other members of development team
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks, assignments and projects
- Follow college development standards and guidelines
The successful candidate must be creative, dynamic, and motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
To apply: send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com